I really like to get my kids to write about things that they are interested in, but sometimes, it is really difficult to come up with ideas of my own.
I bought my kids a composition notebook so I can see how they have progressed with their writing and then find writing prompts online. I am including links to some of the writing prompts that might be helpful for you as well. There are lots of writing programs as well, if you decide not to do my method. And, that is perfectly ok too!!
Just remember, writing is an essential part of communicating.
Free Persuasive Writing Prompts for 2nd-8th grade Teachers Pay Teachers
Free 100 Writing Prompts-1st-4th Grade Teachers Pay Teachers
Writing Prompt Task Cards-28 Cards and Response Sheet 1st-5th Grade Teachers Pay Teachers
Writing Prompts 1st Grade Teachers Pay Teachers
Narrative Writing Prompts-4th-7th Teachers Pay Teachers
Free Daily Writing Prompts-Kinder-1st Teachers Pay Teachers
Opinion Writing Prompt Set-K-3rd Teachers Pay Teachers
Writing Prompt Choice Boards 2nd-6th Teachers Pay Teachers
- Kindergarten through 2nd-Includes reading, phonics and sight words, printing letters, words and sentences.
- And grades 3 and older-Includes Spelling, special needs available, games, word, sentences, story sequence and writing paragraphs. And More
- Spelling, Grammar, College Prep and More
- Online Classes Available
- Products available for kids starting at 8 years old.
- Writing projects
- Home Study courses starting at age 5
- Family Shared experienced and individual skill level
- Outschool has many different classes for kids, depending on age. They are different formats, lengths and all online.
- Time for Writing has online courses with one on one instruction.
- Basic Courses, Intermediate and Advanced Courses starting at grade 2.
- Can be done at any time.
- Includes lower elementary (grade 1) Through High school.
- Writing and Literature. Streaming and DVD available with Workbooks and textbook
- Placement quiz available
- Grades K-Teens
- Helps organize thoughts, ideas and encourage writing
What writing programs do you use?