Are you looking for a delicious pie to serve guests this summer? It’s Peach season and there is nothing better than ready made pie crusts by Wholly Wholesome (available in Gluten Free)!
Peaches are so delicious, and even can be found locally at some of our favorite farms! You can also find the peaches and Wholly Wholesome Pie crusts at Sprouts, Safeway, Whole Foods and AJ’s Fine Foods in the Phoenix area.
Wholly Wholesome Gluten Free pie crusts are free of wheat, dairy, soy, eggs, peanuts, tree nuts fish, shellfish and sesame!)
Wholly Wholesome Organic Pie shells are certified organic and can be found in the freezer section of some of your favorite fine grocers.
For our Bourbon Peach Pie that we made on AZ7 on August 7th
- Try to find local peaches, that way, they are picked when they are ripe.
- Look at the color of the peach. It should have vibrant tones and colors without any green tones. This is a sign that the peach was picked too early.
- Gently squeeze! Squeeze the peach at the shoulder and tip, where the stem was. If it just starts to give, it’s ripe and ready to eat. If it’s still firm, it may need another day or two to ripen.
- You can ripen peaches by placing them in a brown paper bag for two to three days.
PEACH BOURBON PIE
- 5 cups thinly sliced (unpeeled) peaches
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- pinch of nutmeg
- 2 tsp. lemon zest
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1 Tbsp. light butter
- 1 Wholly Wholesome organic pie crust
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, white sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and lemon zest. Add the peaches and toss to combine. Add the lemon juice and bourbon and toss until evenly coated.
- Pour the peach filling into the pie crust, and gently smooth the top into a (mostly) smooth surface. Cut the butter into small pieces and sprinkle evenly over the peaches. Bake at 400 degrees F for 30 min.
- Then reduce the heat to 350 and bake for an additional 25-30 minutes, until crust is golden brown, and filling is bubbling. If the crust begins to brown too much, loosely cover it with aluminum foil while baking.
- Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Find more delicious recipes on Wholly Wholesome’s website!