Are you looking for some entertainment for your kids this summer in Arizona, but don’t want to empty your wallet doing so?
School is out and your kids are already bored. Whether your plan is to do lots of staycations or just hang out in the valley throughout the summer, here are some great deals to keep you sane. Make sure you also check out our Indoor Bucket List, Splashpad Page and Park Directory and as well!
- Monday nights at Main Event in Avondale and Tempe
- Every Monday from 4pm to close-3 great offers, $9.95 each. All you can play activities, $20 FUNcard, all you can play video game card
- Monday Nights at Great Skate in Glendale-Pizza Pig out-$10 and pizza and drinks from 6-9 (skate rental extra)
- Toddler Tuesday at Jubeelieve in Avondale
- $4.50 plus tax (total of $4.90) for children 3 and under)
- Toddler Tuesday’s at the Play Factory 4.50 admission (4 and under)
- Wednesday’s at Dave and Busters (All Locations) Half Price games other than Photo Morph-all day!
- Thirsty Thursday’s at Great Skate in Glendale-Bring in a water bottle for free admission from 6pm-9pm (skate rental extra)
- Toddler Thursday’s at Play Factory 4.50 Admission (4 and under)
- First Fridays (of the month) FREE at the Children’s Museum of Phoenix from 5-9pm only
- Saturday’s Starting June 4th-Home Depot Kids Workshops-9am-12noon. Most locations Register Here
- First Saturdays ASU Museum FREE in Tempe
- Saturdays Starting June 11th-Lowe’s Build and Grow-Build different items for free at Lowe’s! 10am at most locations. Register here starting May 30th!
- Second Sundays-FREE at the Phoenix Musuem of Art from 12-5pm
- Free Little Howlers Hockey Must Register here-Scottsdale, Gilbert, Chandler, Peoria, and Arcadia. Ages 4-8 who are not currently enrolled in a skating or hockey program.
- Looking for an activity for your Minecraft playing family members? How about Minecraft Summer Splash featuring Captain Sparklez? Minecraft Summer Splash featuring Captain Sparklez:
The first and biggest recreational league where gamers of all ages compete, socialize and play video games on the big screen in movie theatres worldwide.Treat Your Kids to MINECRAFT Summer Splash in a Movie Theater! Exclusive underwater-themed MINECRAFT game play on the big screen! July 18 – 22, 9am – 12 noon. Get tickets at https://superleague.com/buy-tickets Save $10, use Promo Code: USFAMILY10 In Scottsdale at Scottsdale Quarter, 15257 North Scottsdale Rd, July 18-22nd 9am-12pm
- The Play Factory in Desert Ridge offers passes to purchase for admission. Starting May 30th, Prices increase to 5 admissions for $35, 10 admissions for $60 or 20 admissions for You can purchase right at The Play Factory.
If you are either Active military or direct family of active military, you can get into so many museums for free because of the Blue Star Museums program (even the I.D.E.A. Museum in Mesa!). You can find out more about the program, eligibility requirements and locations participating here!
Do you hold a Bank of America or Merrill Lynch Card? You could also get into free Museums on the first full weekend of every month! Each cardholder gets one free admission to 150 museums nationwide! Find out more details here. Museums in AZ include Phoenix Art Museum, Heard Museum, and Tucson Museum of Art and Historic Block.
The Pogo Pass is also a great deal (use code “AZMOM” for even more savings! 99.95 without the super code, 39.95 with code). What you receive with a Pogo Pass (2016)- 2 admissions to the Diamondbacks, 3 admissions to the Arizona Rattlers, 1 General Admission to ASU home athletic games, 1 visit to Castles n Coasters, 2 admissions to Makutu’s Island, 3 admissions to Phoenix Mercury, 1 game a week to Fat Cat’s Glow Golf, 3 admissions to The Play Factory, 4 admissions to Enchanted Island, 1 admission to Golfland Sunsplash, 2 admissions to Phoenix Rock Gym, 2 admissions to Phoenix Zoo, 2 admissions to Stratum, 2 admissions to AZ Air Time, 1 visit per moth to Tempe Airsoft Paintball, 2 admissions per month to USA’s Skateland and 2 Admissions to IDEA Museum!
Culture Pass is another great way of getting into some wonderful museums for free. Maricopa Country Library partners (where you can find the passes ) are Apache junction Library, Buckeye Libraries, Chandler libraries, Desert Foothills Library, Glendale Libraries, Mesa Libraries, Peoria Libraries, Phoenix Libraries, Scottsdale Library, Tempe Library, Tolleson Library, ASU libraries.
- Cultural passes can get you into many different locations such as Arizona Science Center, Cave Creek Museum, Challenger Space Center, Deer Valley Preserve, Desert Caballeros Museum, Desert Botanical Garden, Halle Heart Museum, Heard Museum, Phoenix Art Museum, Pueblo Grande Museum, Rosson House Museum, Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art, Superstition Mountain Museum. You can also see many different performances as well-Arizona Theatre Company, Ballet Arizona, Chandler Center for te Arts, Childsplay, Del E. Webb Center for the Performin Arts, East Valley Children’s Theater, Phoenix Ballet, Phoenix Chamber Music Society, Phoenix Symphony, Phoenix Theater, Theater Works.
Headed to Colorado?-Several Colorado museums are offering free admission to kids-Byers-Evans House Museum-Denver, El Pueblo History Museum, Fort Garland Museum, Fort Vasquez Museum, Healy House and Dexter Cabin, Trinidad History Museum.
AZ Air Time (Scottsdale and Tucson)-Monday, Wednesday and Friday 6 and under price from open until noon-$5 an hour, Tuesday and Thursday 2 hours for the price of 1 hour
Uptown Alley Summer Fun Pass– Monday-Friday Open to 5pm. $3 each-1 Game of blowing or Rental Shoes or 1 Game of Laser Tag or $5 game play card. Limit of four passes per day Monday May 23rd through Friday Sept 2 for ages 18 and younger.
- Tuesday 7pm-close $2 each game of bowling, shoe rentals, $5 in game play,
- Wednesday play all day Open-4pm Bowling with Shoes for $3 per game, 4pm-8pm $20 of game play for only $10, 9pm-close All you can bowl for $12 (shoes not included)
- Sunday-Family Style Dinner $49.95 for up to 4 people or Family Fun Pack $49.99 pizza, soft drinks and 4 $15 game cards
Registered Kids Receive 2 FREE GAMES Of Bowling Every Day All Summer Long, Valued At Over $500 Per Child!
Select bowling centers and schools around the country are participating in the first ever Kids Bowl Free program. This program is designed by bowling centers to give back to the community and provide a safe, secure, and fun way for kids to spend time this summer.
Children whose age does not exceed a limit by a participating bowling center are eligible to register for 2 free games a day, all summer long, courtesy of the participating bowling centers along with the schools and organizations.
And Don’t Forget our Summer Programs (all FREE)
We don’t want you to have bored kids in the Phoenix Valley, so here are some great free summer programs and events!
The Shopping Centers offer some great summer programs to beat the heat! And, all of this is free!!
- The Kids Club powered by National Geographic has some great story times and activities each week at the following locations
- Arrowhead Towne Center-Tuesdays from 11am-12pm at the Dick’s Sporting Goods Court.
- Paradise Valley Mall-First Friday’s of the Month-11am Dillards’ Court!
- San Tan Village-Friday June 10th, 10am-11am. Kids club at the splash pad-bring a swin suit. Activities, crafts
- San Tan Village “Splash into Summer Event” June 18th from 9-11am at the splash pad, DJ, activities and giveaways!
- Superstition Springs Center-Thursdays from 10-11am at JCPenney Court
- Other Kid Centered Events
- Westgate Wednesday’s-Every Wednesday June 15th-August 10
- Fountain Park. free fun. Music, games, prizes, dancing, characters. Bring your Swimsuit
- Summer Splash Thursdays Tempe Marketplace-Every Thursday in June. Splash Pad near Barnes and Noble. Music, games, prizes and dancing. Bring your swimsuit
- Summer Splash Tuesdays at Desert Ridge Marketplace-Every Tuesday June 7th-July 26th from 11am-12:30pm. Enjoy Music, games, prizes and dancing, and characters. Bring your swimsuit!
- Westgate Wednesday’s-Every Wednesday June 15th-August 10
- Concert Series
- Arrowhead Towne Center-in Amphitheater at 7pm-May 28th-June 25th.
- McCormick-Stillman Railroad Park– May 1st through July 3rd. Free Concerts 7:30-9pm
- Desert Ridge Friday Music Series-District Stage from 7-10pm on Fridays and Saturdays.
- Tempe Marketplace-District Stage from 7-10pm on Fridays and Saturdays
- Kierland Commons-Main Street 7-9m June 4th-28th
- Westgate Entertainment District-Fountain Park 6:30-9:30pm Fridays and Saturdays.
- Glendale Summer Band-June 2nd Through July 21st every Thursday at 8pm at Murphy Park (58th and Glenn Drives)
- Second Fridays Mesa–Stroll the dog friendly streets!
Live bands, 60 + art booths, activities for kids, food, entertainment, and more! Between Center and Country Club on Main, Live bands performing throughout the evening, 60+ art booths, Gallery openings, Entertainers, Food Booths, Contests, and Fun! ,Shops and Restaurants open late. It’s all FREE!
- Superstition Springs Concert Series Saturdays May 7th through June 25th from 7-9pm. Outdoor Ampitheater between The Cheesecake Factory, TJ Maxx and Picture show.
- Library events
- Peoria Main Library-Ever Wednesday from June 1-August 3rd 12-2pm Movie Marathon
- Peoria Sunrise Mountain Library 1st and 3rd Fridays-Songercise for kids 1-5 11am-12noon
- Peoria Main Library-Family Shows at the Library every Saturday 10am-11am from June 11th-July 30th
- White Tank Regional Library-Songercise 1st and 3rd Wednesdays of each month, 10-10:45 and 11-11:45
- Northwest Regional Library (Surprise)-Songercise 2nd and 4th Fridays from 10-11 (Infants), 11-12 (prek) and 12:30-1:30 (prek)
- Northwest Regional Library -Thursday Reading programs-meet police, firefighters, a dance party, silly Olympics.
And, if you need more ideas on where to go with your wee ones, check out our “Indoor Bucket List”!