There are some limitations to the Smithsonian Free Museum Day. First, you must preregister to be able to enter for free. There will be no free admissions available at the the museum door.
Secondly, a ticket holder can receive two passes. One pass for the recipient and a guest. It is not valid on special exhibits, parking, IMAX screenings or other offers. If the museum reaches capacity, there may be a wait for admission.
Thirdly, you can only use your email one time to receive the free tickets.
What happens if you have more than two people that wish to visit?
You will need another email address! Each ticket only allows two admissions. An email can only be used once.
What about Children’s ages and Admission fees?
If the museum is generally free for a child, the museum will not count your child as a free guest. Call the Museum for more information regarding children’s admissions. The free admission is dependent on each museum’s policies.
Print vs email tickets
Some museums require you to print out tickets, and other museums will allow you to have tickets on your smartphone. Check your ticket for details.
Arizona Museums Participating:
- Amerind Museum-Dragoon
- Arizona History Museum, Tucson
- Arizona Museum of Natural History
- Besh Ba Gowah Archaeological Park and Museum Globe
- Bisbee Mining and Historical Museum
- CAF Airbase Arizona Museum Mesa
- Cave Creek Museum
- Chandler Museum (free everyday)
- DeGrazi Gallery in the Sun Tucson
- Desert Caballeros Western Museum Wickenburg
- Fort Lowell Museum Tucson
- Homolovi State Park and Observatory Winslow
- Jerome State Historic Park
- Mesa Historical Museum
- Museum of Contemporary Art Tucson
- Old Trails Museum Winslow
- Phippen Museum Prescott
- Pueblo rand Museum and Archaeological Park Phoenix
- Rim Country Museum and Zane Grey Cabin Payson
- River of Time Museum Fountain Hills
- Rosson House Museum at Heritage Square Phoenix
- SCottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art
- Sedona Heritage Museum
- Superstition Mountain Lost Dutchman Museum Apache Junction
- The Museum of Case Grande
- The Smoki Museum Prescott
- Tohono Chul Tucson
- Tubac Center of the Arts
- Tubac Presidio State Historic Park
- Tucson Botanical Garden
- Tucson Desert Art Museum
- University of Arizona Museum of Art Tucson
- Western Spirit Scottsdale’s Museum of the West
- I.d.e.a. Museum Mesa