My husband and I love to ice skate, and I will admit-he is a much better skater than I. I never officially learned to ice skate-I just learned to rollerblade and then went to ice skating. We had taken Munchie to ice skating lessons when he was three. And, when we moved here and had two other little ones-skating lessons kind of became a back burner item.
Skate Westgate is located near State 48 Brewery inside of Westgate, across from the splashpad. Many of the streets within Westgate are now closed off for the events, but parking is available to the east (near Gila River arena) or Dave and Buster’s . I recommend near Dave and Buster’s For easy parking.
Skate Westgate has ice skates available for rent, or you could bring your own for a reduction in admission price. My husband has his own hockey skates, but the rest of us borrowed skates. They are tie skates and took a little bit of finagling. Always tie the skates tight to prevent damage to your ankles.
- ADULTS/CHILDREN: $16 (includes skate rental), $13 (bring your own skates)
- TODDLERS: $13 (includes double-blade ice skate rental, sizes 8T – 12T only)
- MILITARY: $13 (with proper ID)
- SEASON PASS: $99 (includes admission + skate rental)
- SOCKS: $3
- PRIVATE LESSONS, PARTIES OR GROUP EVENTS: Please call (602) 818-7016
- SRP DISCOUNT DAYS: Attend one of four SRP “Discount Days” at our rink where SRP customers can show the SRP mobile app* & receive a single-session skating admission price of $12, discounted from $16. Discounts will be offered every Monday in December, excluding the week of Christmas:
• Monday, December 2
• Monday, December 9
• Monday, December 16
• Monday, December 30
There are no lockers, so prepare to either carry your purse or keep it safe in your car. I always have a small purse, so I just carried that with me. The rink was about 1/5th the size of a regular ice rink, but a decent enough size to skate in for newbies. There are no skate mates to assist new skaters, so hold on to a friend or the wall. The staff was extremely kind and helpful making sure that those who fell were assisted and ok! I was amazed at the level of care!
We went early on a Saturday afternoon and it was pretty quiet. I am sure it looked lovely during the evening, but by that time my kids would have not had much left in them to skate.
Also visible from the skating rink is Santa and the beautiful Christmas tree!
We had a great time at Skating at Westgate! It was the perfect place to skate, have lunch, catch a movie, see Santa and then watch a movie too!
Now open through January 12th
We received complimentary passes. All opinions are 100% our own.