- Oceans cover 71% of the Earth
- the Pacific Ocean, The Pacific Ocean is the largest Ocean
- the Atlantic Ocean,
- the Indian Ocean,
- the Arctic Ocean and
- the Southern Ocean.
- The lowest known point on earth is called Challenger Deep. It is located in the Pacific Ocean near Guam in the Philippine Sea at the end of the Mariana Trench. The depth recorded is 10,920m or 35,827 feet.
- The Atlantic is half the size of the Pacific
- The name “Pacific Ocean” comes form the Latin name Tepre Pacificum, “peaceful sea”.
- Tideas are the way the ocean water moves
- Ocean floor has many levels
- The are deep cracks called trenches, underwater mountain chains
- Ocean plants grown close to the water surface
- The larges ocean animal is blue whale
- Corals and sea anemones look like plants but they are animals
Ocean Pattern Worksheetprek-K