Where to bring your kids that is free around the holidays?
The Holidays are coming and sometimes you need to keep your kiddos busy, but don’t want to spend a lot of money! All of these events have free admission in the Phoenix Valley! There are so many free Christmas and holiday events in the valley, you will want to get out your calendar!
If you are looking for Santa, check out our “Where is Santa” Post and our full “November and December Guide“.
- 5pm-8pm, Bands, Santa, November 18th
First snowfall (and nightly snowfall events)-21001 N Tatum Blvd, Phoenix
- November 20th first snowfall 6-8pm, hot cocoa, holiday themed activities, games, entertainment and giveaways
- Thursdays, November 9 & 30, December 7 & 28 – Holiday Classics in The Courtyard
• Friday, November 17 – Wednesday, December 20 – Christmas Angel Tree
• Monday, November 20 – First Snowfall
• Monday, November 20 – Sunday, December 10 – Cactus Brick LEGO® Gallery
• Tuesday, November 21 – Sunday, December 31 – Nightly Shows & Snow
• Tuesday, November 28 – Coats for Kids
• Wednesday, December 6, 13 & 20 – Holiday Story Time
• Sunday, December 24 – It’s Snowing Every Hour!
- 6-8pm December 6th
Deer Valley Airport & Restaurant Santa Fly in-702 W Deer Valley Rd
- December 10th, 16th, 17th ann 23rd. Santa will fly in on a helicopter at 10am.
- December 24th Santa will fly in on December 24th
- Free to watch from the outside, but please eat at the restaurant and support it!
APS Electric Light Parade-Central and Montebello Ave
- December 2nd 7pm start, ends at 7th street and Indian School Rd
- pre=parade activities-5:30pm-8pm, face painting, arts, crafts, games, photo with Santa
Christown Spectrum-1703 W Bethany Home Rd
December 3rd-December 17th-Free, Fun, first three weekends in December, holiday arts and crafts, card giveaways.
WHEN: Noon –4 p.m. on: Saturday, Dec. 2
Sunday, Dec. 3
Saturday, Dec. 9
Sunday, Dec. 10
Saturday, Dec. 16
Sunday, Dec. 17
Tumbleweed Tree Lighting & Parade of Lights-N Arizona Ave and Boston Street (approximate)-Chandler AZ
- December 2nd Event festivities-4:30-9pm, Free admission. Parade 7pm
Let It Snow-LWBC Local Outreah-3520 E Brow Rd Mesa
- November 18th Vendors, car show, petting zoo, food trucks, face painters,balloon twisters and snow
- November 24th-Sunday December 31st 5pm-10pm nightly
- Tours/visitor center
- Concerts nightly on the lawn
Holiday Tree Lighting Ceremony-Soleri Bridge Plaza 4420 N Scottsdale Rd, Scottsdale
- November 25th 7pm-9pm, free, tree lighting, sing along
Santa Social-Scottsdale Quarter-15037 N Scottsdale Rd, Scottsdale
- November 25th-11am
- Join us for our 6th Annual holiday kick-off event, The Santa Social, co-sponsored by Whole Foods! We’ll be in The Quad starting at 11am with the arrival of Santa himself. All happenings and activities are free to attend.The day’s schedule is as follows:11am: Santa arrives
11am – 4pm: Caricature artist
11am – 5pm: Face painting
11am – 6pm: FREE photos with Santa (limit two photos per group)
11am – 3pm: Holiday music with deejay
2pm – 5pm: Puppy and dog adoptions with Arizona Animal Welfare League
3pm – 6pm: Kids Entertainment with Ooh La La Booths
6pm: Official Christmas Tree lighting
6:30pm: Home Alone
Cowboy Christmas-Old Town Scottsdale-Main Street and Brown
- December 9th 3pm-9pm, Stage performances, holiday shopping, face painting, Santa, bounce house, shooting gallery game, petting zoo, carriage rides, free trackless train rides
Tempe Marketplace-2000 E Rio Salado Pkway
Get in the holiday spirit as Tempe Marketplace transforms into a winter wonderland, starting on November 22. Don’t miss these free, fun and festive events for the entire family!
• Thursday, November 16 – Wednesday, December 20 – Salvation Army Angel Tree
• Wednesday, November 22 – Holiday Tree Lighting and First Snowfall
• Wednesday, November 22 – Sunday, December 31 – Nightly Snowfall
• Friday, Saturday and Sunday, November 24-26 – Holiday Skating
• Sunday, December 24 – It’s Snowing Every Hour!
Friday, Saturday and Sunday, November 24-26
Friday and Saturday, 11am-9pm
Near The District Stage
Enjoy free holiday skating near Dave & Buster’s for children 5 and older. Skates are provided, just bring socks.
2017 Fantasy of Lights Parade-Downtown Tempe-Mill Avenue ant Rio Salado
- November 24th. 6pm the parade begins
- Tree Lighting ceremony at 7pm
- 715-9pm Visits with Santa, Entertainment and shopping
Story Time, Cookies and milk with Mrs Claus-Arizona Mills Mall 5000 S Arizona Mills Circle
- 4pm-6pm December 1st Food court. Special Appearance by Santa. First 100 children to attend will receive gift.
Fantasy of Lights-Boat Parade-Tempe Town Lake
- December 9th
- Selifies with Santa
- Festive music, food and beverages.
Winterfest-Avondale-Civic Center Campuhttps://www.facebook.com/events/134825670460549/s 11350 Civic Center Dr.
- Saturday December 2nd, 5pm-8pm
- holiday fun, craft vendors, rides, snow, food trucks, community entertainment, Santa
Holiday Family Cheer-11350 W Civic Center Drive
- December 6th-5-7pm Avondale Public Library
- Holiday cheer, storytime with Santa, family bingo and holiday craft.
Magic on Monroe-210 S 6th St Buckeye
- Saturday December 2 4pm-9pm
- Join us for the 2017 Magic on Monroe event! This event is FREE and includes the following activities:*Ornament Making
*Candy Cane Hunt
*Story Time with Ms. Claus
*Chance to meet the GrinchAll activities are free of charge while supplies last. Food vendors will be onsite with treats for the movie. At dusk the movie “How the Grinch Stole Christmas” will be shown and the City’s Christmas tree will be lit by the Honorable Mayor Jackie A. Meck immediately following the film.
- December 7th 5-9pm Christmas Tree lighting, things for kids, Santa
Festive Events at Westgate-6751 N Sunset Blvd, Glendale
• Tuesday, November 21 – Holiday Tree Lighting, First Snowfall & Skate Westgate
• Tuesday, November 21 – Sunday, January 7 – Skate Westgate
• Tuesday, November 21 – Sunday, December 24 – Visit Santa
• Tuesday, November 21 – Sunday, December 31 – Nightly Snowfall
• Friday, November 24 – Saturday, December 23 – Free Horse-Drawn Carriage Rides
• Sunday, December 17 – Chabad West Valley Menorah Lighting
• Sunday, December 24 – It’s Snowing Every Hour!
November 21 – December 24
Visit Westgate Entertainment District for photos with Santa! Share wishes, snap pictures & receive a FREE GIFT.* Plus, don’t forget to bring your paws to see the Claus on select days! Photo packages are available for purchase, but are not required. All guests will receive one (1) free downloadable photo.
*While supplies last.
Fridays & Saturdays
November 24 – December 23
WaterDance Plaza, 5-9pm
The carriage pick-up & drop-off destination will be in WaterDance Plaza (across from Gila River Arena). On Arizona Coyotes home game nights, the pick-up & drop-off will be in front of AMC Theatres.
Glendale Glitters Spectacular 58th and Glendale Avenue every weekend through January 6th
Hometown Christmas Parade – Saturday December 9
Hometown Christmas Parade Saturday, December 9 This December, join us as we celebrate the True Star of Christmas with our valley-wide food drive & parade, happening in downtown Glendale from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.! Staging will be located at the Fire Station on 52nd Avenue south of Glendale Ave. The route proceeds west on Glendale to 58th Avenue where it turns south to the de-staging area.
Free Movie and Food truck festival-Goodyear Community Park 3151 N Litchfield Rd
- December 2nd 5pm-8pm
- food trucks, kids activities, music, face painting, balloon twister, glow fun, shopping, princesses and Superheros, music more.
Home Plate for the Holidays 1933 S Ballpark Way Goodyear
- Saturday December 2 5-8pm
- This FREE annual event features the arrival of Santa Claus, the annual City of Goodyear tree lighting, kids activities*, community vendors and 40 tons of snow!
Christmas in the Park Festival-Litchfield Town Center-Old Litchfield Rd and Wigwam Blvd
- December 9th 9am-4pm (parade starts at 10am).
- Marching bands, youth groups, floats.
- Snow activities, kids’ activities, Santa
Peoria’s Old Town Holiday Festival-Peoria and Grand Avenues
- 5pm-10pm December 1st
- Live entertainment, Santa, snow, crafters market, kids zone, choral contest, more!
- Parking and admission are free. some activities have a fee, food and beverage concessions will be available for purchase
|Mrs. Clause StorytimeLibrary: Peoria Main Library
Dates: Saturday, Dec. 1
Time: 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.Come to the Library to enjoy a special Story Time with Mrs. Clause. Afterward choose between Face Painting and Temporary Tattoos, and you can even have your picture taken with Mrs. Clause.
- Saturday, December 9th 1-5pm.
- Shopping, inflatables, face painting, Santa, Games, Music, cake walk, raffles, crafts, activities, photo booth, treats. FREE
Surprise Party-15850 N Bullard Ave, Surprise
- December 1st Free Admission with canned food or toy donation
- Arts, crafts, gifts, Gingerbread house contest, food vendors, car show
- Music by 3 Nations, Smash, Balloon Glow, live music, skydivers, tree lighting, Santa’s workshop, roaming entertainment and fireworks
- December 9th 3pm-9pm, The real meaning of Christmas through the birth of Jesus (living Nativity), games, crafts, food, entertainment and more
A Down Home Holiday-Surprise Towne Center and Marketplace- Bell and Grand, Surprise
- Free Event, December 16th 12-3pm
- bring 5 cans of food and you cna receive a $5 gift card,
- Live music from Desert Dixie (desertdixie.com)
- Free photos with Santa
- Local Surprise Schools Musical Performances
- Arts & Crafts
- Festive Face Painters and Balloon Artists
- Prize Wheel Prizes
Cranmore Carpeting Christmas event-13174 W Foxfire Dr #133
- December 17th Santa-11am-2pm
Luces de Navidad-Tolleson Light Parade down Van Buren Street
- December 8th food, music, crafts and fun