One Pot Lasagna Dish with Cucina Antica Sauce
As Seen on AZ7 on Thursday, August 16th at 8am.
Celebrating Family Heritage Month-Get to know your families history and celebrate with a great meal. You can also find Tomato Basil Sauce and Tuscany Pumpkin Sauce at Target, Safeway and online at Amazon. Cucina Antica also has tons of delicious recipes for you on their website!
- 1 pound ground beef (93% lean or leaner)
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 onion, chopped fine
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped fine
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped fine
- 1 jar Cucina Antica Tomato Basil Sauce
- 2 cups water
- 6 ounces uncooked mini bow tie (farfalle) pasta (about 2-1/8 cups)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup ricotta cheese
- 1-2 cups fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- Thinly sliced or chopped fresh basil
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Heat ovenproof 5 to 6-quart Dutch oven or stockpot over medium heat until hot.
Add ground beef, garlic, onion zucchini, and peppers; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking beef into small crumbles and stirring occasionally.
Stir in pasta sauce, water and pepper.
Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes.
Remove from heat. Stir in pasta.
Spoon heaping teaspoons ricotta cheese over top of sauce.
Slightly swirl ricotta into sauce, not mixing in completely.
Cover with foil and bake in 375 degrees F oven 10 minutes.
Uncover. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
Bake 7 to 10 minutes or until pasta is tender.
Let stand 5 minutes.
Sprinkle with basil before serving.