Are you looking for activities that don’t cost a bundle? Check out these Bargain activities that are free or low cost in the Phoenix area! There are a lot of places to stay cool when the weather is hot.
If you are an active military family-check out Blue Star Museums to see where you can get in free during the summer.
- Peoria Library System– Children’s Story times, Movies for Children on Tuesday’s at Ten and Wednesdays at noon.
- Surprise Library (Northwest Regional Library-Maricopa County Library District)– Story times, chess club, songersize, Magic, and so much more! Stay cool and enjoy the library
- White Tank Library (Maricopa County Library District)-Drawing cartoons, songersize, play groups, story times!
- Free First Friday nights at the Children’s Museum of Phoenix-from 5pm-9pm free admission to the Museum on the first Friday of each month. Check site for details to confirm
- Kids’ Clubs at the mall by National Geographic
- Free Hockey Classes (minimal fee for deposit of equipment rental) ages 4-8
- Scottsdale starting Saturday June 20th
- Chandler Starting June 6
- Gilbert (already started but next session is July 12)
- Peoria already started but next session starts Sunday June 14
- Phoenix already started but restarts June 6
- Tempe already started but starts again June 27th
- Check out the Splashpads
I HIGHLY recommend checking out Living Social, Groupon, Goldstar and Local Flavor (it used to be Deal Chicken. Local flavor makes so much more sense!). I try to take a look at these sites weekly through my phone apps. I recommend checking out the business before you buy anything. I also don’t recommend buying any of the goods-because honestly, most of the ones I have seen are highly marked up and are not that great of a deal. However, the excursions are usually a good price.
Then, before you buy something, see if there is a promo code where you can get even more off of it. I often will buy a deal on holidays because there is an extra promo code. Make sure that you note the day that the deal expires as well. If you don’t use it before that date, it wasn’t a deal.
- Toddler Tuesday a Jubeelieve– 4.50 admission all day for kids 3 and under.
- Buy one admission, get one free every wednesday in June-Must show coupon to get deal
- Summer Fun Pass at Arizona Science Center-$40 for three months. 2 adults and 2 children (under three years of age is free)
- Playgrounds Fun Zone-Monthly passes for $48 for one child, $23 for second child.
- Movie Theater Discounts
- Harkins Theater’s-$1 a movie at multiple locations throughout the valley on different days
- Pogo Passes– discounts to many different locations throughout the valley-usually $39-$50 dollars (make sure you search for an active promo code before you buy). There are a limited amount of passes per pogo pass, so make sure you have enough for your family
- Summer Fun Pass at Uptown Alley– 1 game of bowling or rental shoes or 1 game of laser tag or a $5 game play card for $5
- AMF Bowling-3 games of bowling per day All summer long.
- SkyZone Family Fun Pass/Summer Pass-call for more information (taken off site as of May 31st) 623-979-4000
- Dive in Movies at all the pools (see June Events)
- Great Skate Glendale Summer S.T.E.M. Tastic Events
- Go to the public Pools
If you hear of any other great ideas, please let me know! Any make sure you check out the June Calendar of events (I will post July the last week of June! Stay tuned and like us on Facebook for the latest event updates!