It’s already time for the kiddos to head back to school (unless you homeschool, like us!), and monsoon season starts to wind down. Well, if it really every started to begin with!
Here are the activities and events for this month. Make sure you check back frequently as things will be added!
- Ready Set Phoenix Kids Get Fit: 4420 N 51st Ave Phoenix, AZ
Available Activities: Arts & Crafts, Giveaways
Phoenix Latino Institute challenges all kids to get fit for school. Free immunizations, health checks, hearing and vision checks, haircuts and moor. The first 2,000 kids to participate get a free T Shirt.
- First Saturday’s For Families at ASU Art museum: 51 East 10th Street Tempe, AZ
artwork for kids, listen to a story and check out the museum for free!
- Teddy Bear Fair: Ice Den Scottsdale 9375 East Bell Road Scottsdale, AZ
Cost: $5 per child, 2 and under free
As you go from booth to booth your teddy bear will complete his medical record and leave with a clean bill of health, and kids will walk away with a wealth of new knowledge about health and wellness! All completed medical records can be entered into a raffle for a chance to win an Ice Den Scottsdale birthday party. Children will learn new skills like how to apply an ace bandage to their teddy bears and listen for heart beats on a real stethoscope. The event also features a live DJ, games & family friendly activities. Benefits the Phoenix Children's hospital
- Arizona Cardinals Training Camp: Cardinal Stadium Glendale, AZ
Available Activities: Inflatable bouncers, Kids Zone
See the teams practice, and enjoy the kids interactive zone. Located on the main concourse at the north end of the stadium, activities include an inflatable obstacle course, quarterback toss, and combine like football drills. A limited number of children between the ages of 2 and 12 will also have the opportunity to participate in a free post practice player autograph experience.
Dates that there will be practice are every day in August except Thursday August 6th, Sunday August 9th and goes until Friday August 28th
- Adaptive Family Swim Party: 15808 North Hollyhock Street Surprise, AZ
Cost: $5 in advance, $6 at the door, 3 and under free
Available Activities: Swimming
Fun event for individuals with disabilities ad their families.
- Family Fun Day at the Peoria Library: 8463 W Monroe St Peoria, AZ
Play board games, card games and puzzles. Game winners can choose a prize from the treasure chest
- Sleeping Beauty: 13802 N Scottsdale Rd Scottsdale, AZ
Cost: $9 per child
Available Activities: Arts & Crafts
Hang with the character, get your face painted, have fun in Playtime Oasis. Must wear socks
- Slide Across America: Salt River Fields at Talking Stick Scottsdale, AZ 85258
Cost: General Admission in Advance-$15, Family 4 pack-$40, Two day Pass $20, Kids 2 and under Free, parking Free
Available Activities: Food Vendors, Inflatable bouncers, Splashpad
Largest traveling water park featuring over 40 water slides and attractions. Best Food trucks/vendors and live entertainment
- Songersize in the Sunrise Library (Peoria): 21109 N 98th Ave Peoria, AZ
Exercise and play at the library
- Target Free First Friday’s at the Children’s Museum of Phoenix: 217 N 7th Street Phoenix, AZ
Come enjoy the children's Museum of Phoenix-three floors of fun for kids.
- Youth Intro to Hockey Clinic: 9400 W Maryland Ave Glendale, AZ
Wear sneakers and be ready to run around for a while. 60 minute clinic, scrimmage and experience a game with real rinks and net. Must register before event.
- Uptown Alley -National Bowling Day: 13525 N Litchfield Rd Surprise, AZ
Available Activities: bowling
One free game and rental shoes from 8am-10am. Breakfast items will be available for purchase
- Prowl and Play at Phoenix Zoo: 455 N Galvin Parkway Phoenix, AZ
Available Activities: Carnival Games, Inflatable bouncers, Kids Zone, Rides, Splashpad , music, animals
- Teen Night: 14861 N Spring Lane Surprise, AZ
Available Activities: Carnival Games, Dancing
Music, dancing, videoo games, dodgeball and more. For youth in grades 6-8
- Canyon Ridge PTA Peter Piper back to school bash: 12851 W Bell Rd, Surprise, AZ 85374 Surprise, AZ
- Cool Summer nights at CityScape: 1 East Washington Street Phoenix, AZ
Available Activities: Movies
Shaved ice free to the first 200 guests, watch Grease on the big screen in Patriots park. Four tons of real snow, a snow slide and portable misting systems.
- Marley Park PTA Pizza night at Peter Piper Pizza: 12851 W Bell Rd Surprise, AZ
- Canyon Ridge Bingo Night: 17359 W Surprise Farms Loop N, Surprise, AZ 85388 Surprise, AZ
- Arizona State Fair: see oct 16th Phoenix, AZ
Cost: see oct 16th
It’s that time of year again! The Arizona State Fair is back for 2015 and better than ever. For three weeks, the Fairgrounds transform into a spectacular community celebration with all the sights, sounds, smells, and flavors you crave. From grandstand events to concerts, entries competitions to livestock, and all the thrills of the midway, make the fair the backdrop of your most vibrant memories.
Open Wednesdays - Sundays.
Sorry, no pets allowed on the fairgrounds.
- Dive in Movie Night: 15831 N Bullard Ave Surprise, AZ
Cost: $5 Residents, $8 non residents
Available Activities: Splashpad , movie, pool
- National Parks Day (free entrance!): Throughout Arizona and Nationwide, AZ
Get free entrance into the National Parks!
- Little Rhythms at Goldilocks: 4820 N Litchfield Road Suite 105-106 Litchfield Park, AZ
Available Activities: Music